ATTENTION: HEARTBEAT CAFE RESTRICTIONS
Effective Tuesday, May 26, 2020
The HeartBeat Cafe is NOW OPEN to the public with the following conditions:
- Maximum Capactiy: 20
- Individuals dining MUST wear a face mask in common area (order area, payment area) and may remove mask during eating. Due to limited supply of masks, customers must provide their own mask.
- Individuals must follow "social distancing" with recommendations of 6 feet between customers in lines and between tables.
- Enter and exit order / payment area through designated doors.
- Hand sanitizer is available on tables and at the entrance to the order area. Please wash hands on arrival and departure.
- DO NOT ENTER if you are sick and have a fever or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Access to the rest of the hospital is not permitted to HeartBeat Cafe patrons.
We apologize for any inconvenience. We appreciate the cooperation of Monroe County citizens and visitors during this time.
HeartBeat Cafe - About Us
The Monroe County Medical Center's Nutrition Services Department provides meals for patients, employees, and visitors seven days a week.
We also provide a number of other services including Nutrition and Diabetes Education.
Steam Table Service Availability:
- Breakfast: 6:30 am to 10:30 am
- Lunch: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Dinner: 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- ** Not available for Lunch or Dinner on Saturdays **
Grill Service Availability:
- 6:30 am to 7:00 pm – Daily
Our Dietician is available Monday through Friday from 8 am until 4 pm or by appointment.
* All Times subject to change
To hear the Daily Menu call:
To place a pickup order call:
(270) 487-9231 ext 1195
For all other questions or to set up an appointment with our Registered Dietician please call:
(270) 487-9231 ext 1191
Our patient diet education is available through physician referral or at the patient's request.
Please call 270-487-9231, ext. 1191 to schedule a consultation. There is no fee for this service. Nutrition education is available for the following issues:
- Prevention of Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Weight Loss
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Prevention of Osteoporosis
- Food Allergy or Intolerance
Monthly Diabetes Education and Support Group
Classes are designed to educate and promote appropriate self care. The free classes are taught by professionals including nurses,
a certified diabetes educator, a dietitian, a pharmacist, and a physical therapist.
The classes are presented on the first Wednesday of every month (except July and August) from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm in the hospital conference room.
For more information, call 270-487-9231, ext 1191.
Individual Diabetes Education
Patients can schedule appointments to discuss individual self care and meal planning. For an appointment, call 270-487-9231, ext 1191.